Eligibility and Application for Professionals
Eligibility for Professionals
- Professional or pre-professional (student) in the field. Examples, but not limited to: Special Education, Speech-Language Pathology, Teacher of the Visually Impaired, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Psychology, Medical (e.g., Ophthalmology, Pediatrics), etc.
- Experience/interest in working with children with severe physical and complex communication needs
- Some previous knowledge of CVI and its impact on students’ development
Pre-requisites for Professionals
- Be familiar with content of Cortical Visual Impairment: Advanced Principles by Christine Roman Lantzy. You will be given an on-line self-assessment to determine basic knowledge/experience level.
- Register: https://cvi.bridgeschool.org/webinars/archived-webinars-registration/ and watch the following The Bridge School archived webinars:
- Visual and Behavioral Characteristics Associated with CVI with Dr. Christine Roman-Lantzy
- Understanding the Phases Associated with the CVI Range with Dr. Christine Roman-Lantzy
- CVI and Its Impact on AAC: Issues and Considerations A Panel Discussion with: Aileen Arai, Gabriela Berlanga, Sarah Blackstone, Ph.D., Krista Wilkinson, Ph.D.
- Familiarity with The CVI Range assessment found at: https://pcvis.vision/educators-and-therapists/
COVID Policy for All Attendees
The Bridge School is aware of the evolving and continued uncertainties related to travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are staying abreast of updates from health organizations and local authorities and remain committed to being responsive to ongoing developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic and related public health and travel restrictions. The Summer Institute will be contingent upon the current health climate. Agreement to these procedures is mandatory.
- All adult family members, adult participants and staff will be required to be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination.
- During the Summer Institute, masks will be worn by adults at all times. Students may be exempt.
- Temperature will be taken and all adults will be given a rapid antigen test when they arrive on-site.
- Parents will be given rapid antigen tests to administer to their children under the direction of The Bridge School staff.
We are no longer accepting applications for the Summer Institute.