Eligibility and Application for Professionals
Eligibility for Professionals
- Professional or pre-professional (student) in the field. Examples, but not limited to: Special Education, Speech-Language Pathology, Teacher of the Visually Impaired, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Psychology, Medical (e.g., Ophthalmology, Pediatrics), etc.
- Experience/interest in working with children with severe physical and complex communication needs
- Some previous knowledge of CVI and its impact on students’ development
Pre-requisites for Professionals
- Be familiar with content of Cortical Visual Impairment: Advanced Principles by Christine Roman Lantzy. You will be given an on-line self-assessment to determine basic knowledge/experience level.
- Register: https://cvi.bridgeschool.org/webinars/archived-webinars-registration/ and watch the following The Bridge School archived webinars:
- Visual and Behavioral Characteristics Associated with CVI with Dr. Christine Roman-Lantzy
- Understanding the Phases Associated with the CVI Range with Dr. Christine Roman-Lantzy
- CVI and Its Impact on AAC: Issues and Considerations A Panel Discussion with: Aileen Arai, Gabriela Berlanga, Sarah Blackstone, Ph.D., Krista Wilkinson, Ph.D.
- Familiarity with The CVI Range assessment found at: https://pcvis.vision/educators-and-therapists/
COVID Policy for All Attendees
The Bridge School is aware of the evolving and continued uncertainties related to travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are staying abreast of updates from health organizations and local authorities and remain committed to being responsive to ongoing developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic and related public health and travel restrictions. The Summer Institute will be contingent upon the current health climate. Agreement to these procedures is mandatory.
- All adult family members, participants and staff will be required to be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination.
- During the Summer Institute, masks will be worn by adults at all times. Students may be exempt.
- Temperature will be taken and all adults will be given a rapid antigen test when they arrive on-site.
- Parents will be given rapid antigen tests to administer to their children under the direction of The Bridge School staff.
There are a limited number of spaces available for the Institute. We encourage you to apply early. The deadlines for all applications will be Friday, March 11, 2022. You will be notified whether or not your application has been accepted by Friday, March 25, 2022.