Eligibility and Application for Families
Eligibility for Children
- Between the ages of 3-15
- Have a medical and/or educational diagnosis of CVI
- Use AAC strategies, tools, and/or technologies to communicate
- Physical impairment: 3-5 on the Gross Motor Function Classification System (GMFCS)
- Previous CVI Range Score – desirable, but not required
*This Summer Institute is funded in part by Ability Central Philanthropy, thus priority may be given to CA residents.
Pre-requisites for Families
- Thorough understanding of principles of CVI and its impact on vision https://www.youtube.com/c/RomanonCVI
- Register: https://cvi.bridgeschool.org/webinars/archived-webinars-registration/ and watch the following
- The Bridge School archived webinars: Visual and Behavioral Characteristics Associated with CVI with Dr. Christine Roman-Lantzy
- Understanding the Phases Associated with the CVI Range with Dr. Christine Roman-Lantzy
- CVI and Its Impact on AAC: Issues and Considerations A Panel Discussion with: Aileen Arai, Gabriela Berlanga, Sarah Blackstone, Ph.D., Krista Wilkinson, Ph.D.
- Familiarity with The CVI Range assessment https://pcvis.vision/educators-and-therapists/
- Willingness to openly share experiences and information concerning implications of CVI and AAC on family life
- Commitment to work with home school district team to implement intervention plan developed during the Institute
- Agree to participate in surveys to help document effectiveness of the program
- Agree to participate in follow up session(s) regarding outcomes of intervention
COVID Policy for All Attendees
The Bridge School is aware of the evolving and continued uncertainties related to travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are staying abreast of updates from health organizations and local authorities and remain committed to being responsive to ongoing developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic and related public health and travel restrictions. The Summer Institute will be contingent upon the current health climate. Agreement to these procedures is mandatory.
- All adult family members, adult participants and staff will be required to be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination.
- During the Summer Institute, masks will be worn by adults at all times. Students may be exempt.
- Temperature will be taken and all adults will be given a rapid antigen test when they arrive on-site.
- Parents will be given rapid antigen tests to administer to their children under the direction of The Bridge School staff.
We are no longer accepting applications for the Summer Institute.